Tuesday 19 August 2014

T_T

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/08/18/MRT-beam-collapse-3-feared-dead/

PETALING JAYA: Three workers are feared dead after a 300-tonne concrete span collapsed at a MRT construction site in Kota Damansara Monday night.

In a statement, Mass Rapid Transit Corporation (MRT Corp) said the incident occurred at the MRT worksite within the former Rubber Research Institute site near Kota Damansara.

"The incident occurred at around 8.30pm while construction of the parapet was being carried out on the MRT elevated guideway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men who have created new fruits in the world cannot create a system whereby their fruits may be eaten. 

And the failure hangs over the State like a great sorrow. ...and in the eyes of the people there is the failure; and in the eyes of the hungry there is a growing wrath. 

In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage. 

- The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I figured I could get a job at a filling station somewhere, putting gas and oil in people's cars. I didn't care what kind of job it was, though. 

Just so people didn't know me and I didn't know anybody.  

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. 

 If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. 

They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life. 

Everybody'd think I was just a poor deaf-mute bastard and they'd leave me alone. 

- Catcher In The Rye by JD Salinger


T_T