Monday 3 July 2017

small talk


Gustave Courbet - Snow Effect, 1860
Source : Wikipedia

Last Saturday, my wife and I went to my auntie's house for Raya celebrations.
My mom was there too.

It was a joyous occasion, we were happy, and we took photos of the warm moments.

There's a photo of myself, my wife and my mother standing proud and happy, which I shared in my FB.

But, stupidly, I made a mistake of sharing it to someone dearest in Whatsapp.

I felt angry by his remarks.

But then I remembered I've written this in my blog.

'A man, I feel, is a shit asshole if he have these two shitty qualities at the same time.


1. Hot-tempered
2. Talkative'


As a man, don't talk when you're pissed off.  The quality of words will be shameful.

I tried to ignore but my heart felt fire.

So I read something online, and I searched Poemhunter (www.poemhunter.com), I found some nice poems.

Don't Go Far Off

Don't go far off, not even for a day, because --
because -- I don't know how to say it: a day is long
and I will be waiting for you, as in an empty station
when the trains are parked off somewhere else, asleep.

Don't leave me, even for an hour, because
then the little drops of anguish will all run together,
the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift
into me, choking my lost heart.

Oh, may your silhouette never dissolve on the beach;
may your eyelids never flutter into the empty distance.
Don't leave me for a second, my dearest,

because in that moment you'll have gone so far
I'll wander mazily over all the earth, asking,
Will you come back? Will you leave me here, dying?

by Pablo Neruda



Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die

by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Somehow I taken by my imagination while reading Pablo Neruda's "Don't Go Far Off", I drawn a picture in my head, of the KTM Komuter station, empty, silent, but someone alone waiting there.

And these words sprinkled out from the imagination.

"You might wait for a that train, asleep, for it will somehow rise back into action, for none of us could wait for lost time, for it will be long gone, whether you wait or not.

Hence, with that in mind, I wrote this sloppy thing in Malay and shared it in my FB.


Aku tadi dimarah orang

aku tadi dimarah orang
kerana gambar ini, mahu berperang
dikutuk aku di waktu petang
bagaikan aku berlaku sumbang

secara sinis aku diberitahu
dilontar pada ku pendapat berbuku buku
gambar2 ni sia2 lagi maudhu'
perbuatan tak berlandaskan tasawuf

aku beritahu, jangan marah2
gambar diambil di saat meriah
kenangan waktu ber-ramah tamah
mungkin anak aku nanti buat folio Sejarah

namun hati orang keras tak sudah
di Whatsapp nya aku gambar habuk sampah
"nah! jadikan lah pula ini hikmah"
kata2 sinis lagi menyampah

aku diam lagi membatu
baru kini sebabnya aku tahu
mengapa ISIS mengebom batu
di tempat sejarah dan di tempat sujud

bukankah dunia terlalu letih
banyak bising perkara remeh
banyak kecoh perkara leceh
banyak melayan drama sedih

semua orang kan berlalu pergi
semua orang kan berlalu mati
gambar ni menjadi bukti
hidup aku, pernah gembira dan disayangi

kita hidup sambil menanti
tapi saat pergi takkan kembali
aku kongsi untuk memori
untuk saat senyum senyum sendiri.

-sendiri sendiri 3 July 2017

Anyhow I want to end this on a light note.
So this is a Malay funny video on poetry.

Gado-Gado Sudut Puisi

(Update 9:58[m 3 July 2017 : I deleted the FB entry just now at 9:58pm. Quite a number of people "liked" it, but I don't want people to share and viral it, as there's a photo of myself, my wife and my mom.)