Thursday 5 October 2017

gear up


This week started off with local Malaysia news of Syed Saddiq rejecting Oxford offer, and saying he did it because he wants to save Malaysia (this guy is involved in politics)

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/10/02/syed-saddiq-says-hes-turning-down-rm400k-scholarship/

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/oxford-confirms-syed-saddiq-scholarship-but-not-amount#HvCgm4V0zv8l7XQa.97

For me, I look at this with a different view, which doesn't involve politics or gimmics.

If you searched the Oxford University web for the info on Master of Public Policy, you will understand 1 thing, it is a 1-year coursework based Master programme.
And it could not be progressed into a Doctorate study, a.k.a. PHD.

If you checked about Public Policy, if you completed the course, actually the job scope that you gonna get are posts in the Government agencies or its think-tanks. There's no demand in the private sector for that, unless, if Saddiq wants to write a critique book on Malaysia government policies.

When I mentioned this in the Social Media, people are just focused on Saddiq being "Sad-Dick", and nothing else. The fella himself was giving immature remarks himself by going political about it; so I guess I was just stupid.

But then, I think, I pitied the Malaysians in the social media, they got so emotioned, and jock-happy seeing someone making fool out of himself, that they couldn't think more than making fun with Sad-Dick jokes, for days.

And when in the same day, there was this video, I just gave up. I give up on Malaysia and its people after I saw this. Whether you oppose the government or not.




We just could not escape our mind to be free from all this politicking and think something beyond, something that is at least productive to our life.



And so, I told myself, gear up.

Forget about the conditions, others small minded talk, just gear up and improve yourself.


And have some purpose in your life, or do something that you like, without caring much about what others think or "likes".

I'm not a great guitarist, I just play for fun. And not only that, I watch these awesome guitar videos because I want my playing to be better, not for anybody else, but just for myself.


And excerpt from the link above:-

Here’s what I’ve always observed: The happiest people I’ve known had some kind of side project to make themselves and colleagues happy. 

Whether it was mentoring new employees, helping to beta test new software, or organizing after-work football games. 

They weren’t getting paid to do these extra things. 

But it sure made them happy.




If you read Malaysia Today (RPK writings), I kinda pity all these political bloggers.

RPK is 67 years old, his daughter is now trying to make into politics, and you know what, on that Syed Saddiq's story, he had to post 2 entries. 

For me, it's not "elegant" for RPK stature, he's that old and previously respected, yet have to give so much attention to that so called "immature" guy.

That's sometimes the price of being too political. You ceased to become a respected idea and become a cheap commodity instead.


My latest interest :-

1. Computering

You have to follow the sequence.




and then you can follow this playlist

This video show how they built the logic gates AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, EXOR and EXNOR into the Integrated Circuits. 

This is more on the hardware programming.

this Youtube user Ben Eateractually programmed the Fibonacci found in the video "Comparing C to machine language" to his breadboard computer he built, described in the Youtube playlist. 
Pretty awesome.

I graduated in Mechanical Engineering, so learning all this computering things, even though it might be basic to some, it felt awesome.