Thursday 28 September 2017

innerspeaker



My wife shared me in Whatsapp the video of the 16 year old kid who whacked his mother just because he didn't get enough money.

It pains my heart.

Then some days later there was this video interviewing the mother, whom somehow protected the kid from any blame for the "misforgivings" that happened previously.

It pains my heart even more.

Somehow, my wife's break-day is today, she went to my in laws, and went to her sister's house too. Seeing cute baby Chayra and naughty older sister Sabrina.

As she send me photos of Chayra and Sabrina, I thought of something.

The news is negative in some way. NEWS = Notable Events, Weather and Sports.

If something has to be notable, most of the time it is negative in nature.

Like the news about the "dobi" laundry in Johor that was "restricted" to Muslims only, and Sultan Of Johor came out on front page of The Star newspaper saying it is wrong.

If everything is fine, the news will just be dull, there's nothing to be noted, everything is just fine.

But something negative has to be found to be noted, and reported, for you and we to watch, analyse and comment.

What if, those news, don't let it linger too long in the mind, just delete it as you delete those unwanted or noisy Whatsapp message.

Worry about the world going to shit ways? Well it was many years now the earth has turned, million liters blood spill, yet every generation die and born, remembering and forgetting, and in the end, the world progress in some way.

I'm 35 years, and the moments are flying fast then in some months, I'll be 36 years old.

One thing in this short life, take lesson from the news, or if you could not, just forget it, and fill those space in your head with good fond moments.

from their debut album, Innerspeak (2010)

Said the voice from afar,
Don't you know it doesn't have to be so hard? 
Waiting for everyone else around to agree,
Might take too long

When it won't be so hard,
(It won't be so hard)

Well it's true, yes, but you
won't get far 
telling me that you are 
all you're meant to be, 
when the one from our dream 
is sitting right next to me 

and I don't know
what to do
Oh alter ego.

Get them to love you,
While they may depending on your words and wealth,
The only one who's really judging you is yourself.
Nobody else.

Well it's true, yes, but you
won't get far 
telling me that you are 
all you're meant to be, 
when the one from our dream 
is sitting right next to me 

and I don't know
what to do
Oh alter ego.

Instrumental track from this cool album

the original photo for the Innerspeak album cover

It features an image of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina, United States. The original image has been digitally altered using the Droste effect in recursion to make it appear as if the image continues into itself, creating a distinctly psychedelic feeling reminiscent of Pink Floyd's album cover for Ummagumma. - Wikipedia