Wednesday 3 January 2018

1st, 2nd and 3rd of January 2018

A. January 1st




I cooked this, as I've promised my wife during an argument previously. (Men always promise things just to stop arguing with the wife)

It was:-
1. Pumpkin cooked in chillied coconut milk gravy.
2. Chillied cooked anchovies
3. Fried Winged bean cooked in chillied soy sauce.
4.  Egg fried with tomato.
5.  Fried dried fish.


B. Indie Writer

I wrote in previous post that I argued with a prominent indie writer in FB.

I felt that if I'm a gentleman, after arguing stupidly with someone, that I should meet him face to face over a cup of tea.

So I went to his office, met him then sat over cups of tea and drinks, food.
From 5.00pm to 4.00am of the next day. 11 hours session of talking listening, pausing a while thinking of something to talk, and repeating the cycle.

But I won't tell anyone what we talked and discussed.

Recently at TV2, they were playing advertisement of the movie The Bucket List to broadcasted sometime this week.

For me the dialogue in the advert interest me the most as it kept me thinking.

(I copied this from www.imdb.com)

Carter Chambers: What are you so afraid of?

Edward Cole: Just because I told you my story, does not invite you to be a part of it!

Carter Chambers: Oh, like the lady in the bar?

Edward Cole: That's different.

Carter Chambers: Tell me how it's different.

Edward Cole: I build a billion dollar business up from NOTHING! Presidents have asked my advice, I have dined with royalty, and i'm supposed to make out like what? This trip was supposed to MEAN something to me? Like it was gonna change ME? How did you see it playing out Carter, I knock on the door, she answers, she's surprised and angry, but I tell her how much I love her and miss her, and OH, by the way, I'm gonna be dead soon so I'm reaching out to you because I don't wanna die alone?

Carter Chambers: Everyone's afraid to die alone.

Edward Cole: I'm not everyone! This was supposed to be fun. That's all it ever was.

Just because someone told you a story, and somehow even if it's personal, does not give you the right to be a part of it.

That idea blew me inside out.

Anyhow, if I told everyone about it, it'll be a story from me, as if I'm part of it, that is something that I felt phoney.

So it'll remain between the two of us.


C. Making Up with Wife : How Tenaga Nasional Berhad helped



Anybody's wife will be crazy if her husband only turns up at the house at 5.00am in the morning.

I tried to be as silent as possible, with the lowest decibel (dB).

But when I opened the door and stepped inside,

my wife was wide awake, watching "Pak Kaduk 3" at TV2 RTM channel.

She had the most serious look I ever witnessed. Oh shit.

But she was silent. She didn't spoke a word.\

Actually, as a guy, that is a bit relief and a bit of worry as well.

The relief part was the silence, you escaped the "membebel" / babbling / arguing bla bla because it'll drained you mentally.
Listening to a "ceramah" at 5.00am in the morning?

So that was the relief.

The worry part is the silence also means you don't know what will happen next.

I said the sweet words, no reply.

I guessed, the Pak Kaduk 3 story was boring like shit, she got up, she went into the bedroom and locked it from inside.

I understand my punishment then. I had to sleep at the living room.


Then I woke up around 9.00am feeling hot as hell.

I got up and went to the front door to switch on the lights and the fan.

Then I realised, the bedroom's door is open!

Oh Graceful God, I give much thanks to Thee!

I walked coyly to the bedroom, and my wife was just coming out from the bathroom.

As I tried to hug her, she screamed,

"Eh rimas lah, rumah dah lah tengah takde elektrik ni, panas, eh siap siap lah kita keluar breakfast lepas tu lepak mana mana, kat shopping mall ke"

She opened the door because it was hot, and that was because there was disruption of electrical supply from the power provider Tenaga Nasional Berhad.

We spent the afternoon at an air-conditioned shopping mall nearby, and this late afternoon at an air-conditioned cybercafe where I wrote this while she played Tennis Titans.