Sunday 25 October 2015

Smile

*updated on 26 Oct 2015
I'm a shitty person and I made shit mistakes...so kindly find revised guitar tab



A very mellow song which  like. Used to play it and sing with an immense emotion, huhu.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Code

I had the casette tape around 1997-1998. It was around this time that I started smoking huhu.
There was an area somewhere near my school that my friends and I will play guitar and smoke.
We did this especially during the Fridays, before going to an Add-Maths tuition class.

I guess it was just about being a teenage then, with its own silly confusion, fear and hope.



http://www.tabguitarlessons.com/P/pearl_jam/smile_chords.tab.htm
http://www.yourchords.com/138827/Pearl-Jam/Smile-Tab/

There are numerous tabs....but I played it like below. (I've kinda combined the tabs a lil bit)

INTRO / VERSE

E|-----------------|
B|---------3---1---|
G|----2--------2---|
D|2---2----4---2---|
A|2---0----2---0---|
                               E|0----------------|
                                 Em  A*  Bm   Am 
 
A* = not a full A, just leave the fifth string open
 
 
the Bm chord isn't the normal Hotel California Bminor chord.
I don't really know what B chord it is. But it's B. haha. 
 
 
 
 
 Chorus:
 
 G   Cadd9      G/B    Cadd9
   I miss you already, ready yeah
 G   Cadd9      G/B    Cadd9
   I miss you always
 G       Cadd9           G/B         Cadd9
   Three crooked hearts, swirls all around, yeah
 G   Cadd9          G/B    Cadd9
   I miss you all day
 
 D  (x4)
 
 
 Outro:
 
 E  Am  Bm  Am  (repeat and fade)
 
 
 Unusual Chord(s):
 
           Cadd9             Cadd9                    G/B               G/B
 fret: I  II  III IV                      fret:  I  II  III IV
 E   |---|---|-4-|---|       --3--         E   |---|---|-4-|---|       --3--
 B   |---|---|-3-|---|       --3--         B   |---|---|-3-|---|       --3--
 G   0---|---|---|---|       --0--         G   0---|---|---|---|       --0--
 D   |---|-1-|---|---|       --2--         D   0---|---|---|---|       --0--
 A   |---|---|-2-|---|       --3--         A   |---|-1-|---|---|       --2--
 E   |---|---|---|---|       -----         E   |---|---|---|---|       -----
   (numbers represent
    finger used to play
    the corresponding fret)

E|----------------|
B|----------------|
G|----------------|
D|5---7---9---7---|
A|5---7---9---7---|
E|3---5---7---5---
 
 
Pearl Jam - Dissident cover 
 

Pearl Jam - Off He Goes
 
Pearl Jam - Corduroy Live