Monday 8 May 2017

oh you've forgotten yourself, dear firdaus


Today I felt that recently I've been talking too much in Social Media.

Like yesterday for instance, while waiting at the Mamak stall for :-
1. Wife coming back from workplace, nearby the Mamak stall
2. Arsenal vs Man Utd where Arsenal won 2-0 (yeay!);

I commented on Facebook on other people's pages, and sometime after posting, I had that regret and feeling that I was as silly as hell, and I started deleting some comments.

And today, even though I felt some comments were indeed good, but I thought the words were too much and excessive.

Nevertheless, one thing that I can feel ok is that those comments are with good intention.


Somehow I had this feeling, ever since I got that diabetic retinopathy thing,

that this decrease of sight is somehow related to me talking too much.

Anyhow what I say here is personal and might be wrong, so let this be my personal opinion of things,

one day I read the Quran, I read through this,

And whoever is blind in this [life] will be blind in the Hereafter and more astray in way. : Surah Isra' Verse 72
that somehow made me thought, oh my, did this diabetic retinopathy thing that happened to me, is also a sign?

Then somehow I googled the Net, of the word "blind" found in Quran, there were many verses with the "blind", but this verse struck my heart the most.

“And the one who turned away from My remembrance - for him is a confined existence, and We shall raise him blind on the Day of Resurrection.” He will say, “O my Lord, why have You raised me blind, whereas I was sighted?”- Surah Ta Ha Verse 124-125.

And so, I guess to myself, maybe this diabetic retinopathy is because I turned away much from remembering God.  My personal thought though.



 In another thought, I think being silent and not too much engagement with people, gives some kind of....I don't know what English word to describe it. That feeling of serene calm yet desolate.

And that feeling, I guess I've been blessed with since I was teenager, enables me to get the best unique pictures, the best unique sounds, different from what common folks sees and listen.

And I hope that, that is not being taken away for me.


And I believe it will not be taken away from me if I make sure that I did not forget about my own self.



Photo 1 : Jean-Honoré Fragonard, A Young Girl Reading. 1776

Photo 2 : Jean-Honoré Fragonard, The Stolen Kiss, late 1780s,

Photo 2 : Pieter Claesz, Vanitas with Violin and Glass Ball (detail); the artist is visible in the reflection, 1625

Photo 3 : Pieter Claesz, Vanitas still life. 1630

Source : Wikimedia Commons


And these Muslim Show comics are lovely.





 









Source : http://www.le-bdouin.com/category/international/english/
               https://www.facebook.com/themuslimshow/