Thursday 20 February 2014

choice is yours



1. I read the blog airilsametok.blogspot.com few hours ago, while scanning my Testing & Commissioning reports of my project, somewhere at Klang.

2. Mind you, I live in Kajang, therefore I travelled daily Kajang - Kl - Klang. (a bloody 50 km route back and forth)

3. The reason I emphasise this is that, my life ain't no better than most of you folks out there, who is struggling to make ends meet in this depressing economy of our motherland.

4. Somehow, we, the Gen-Y folks, ended up being old during the downstate of Malaysian economy. But let me ask you, what are we gonna do about it?

5. I decided quite long time ago, that politics will never change anything in Malaysia. Because we still live in the politics of superheroes, we ask of others to clean this country of its mess.

6. During my lunch and dinner time, (I usually took my dinner by stopping by at PLUS RnR somewhere at Serdang, if viewed from the roadside, the stalls usually sells fruits) I spend time reading (while eating) books of history warfare and stuff like that. Quite recently, I re-read "33 strategies of War" by Robert Greene, which is more like a history book rather than war. More about politics of power, Machivellian stuff.

7. Looking back at modern pre 1900 -2000 history, our Malaysian Gen Y are like the folks in USA during the Great Depression during the 30's. Before the Great Depression, the Americans enjoyed significant wealth, like the Malaysian generation before us.

8. None of them folks wished to be born during the Great Depression. None of the folks wished to be there during World War 2. But they did, some become heroes, some become victims.

9. If you look at a wider perspective, you'll realise, this world is shit. The utopia does not exist and will never exist. Even religions admit this. Buddha with its suffering concept. Even Islam also teaches that utopia only exist at the hereafter. Islam also says that even though you followed the correct teachings, you will still suffer some turmoil because life is a state of test. Read second verse of Surah Al Mulk if fellow Muslims disagree.

10. No matter what conflict there is, heroes and victims are born on every second. The world keeps turning. Technology keeps progressing.

11. Therefore, do something about it. Don't just talk about it. Do it. That's the reason I block the comments at this blog because from what I seen at Benz Ali's blog and most political blog, people just talk. At least Hishammuddin Rais give free food to people in the street. Action counts. Your word is nothing.

12. Do something. Plant a tree. Get a job and make yourself better. Donate. Smile. But do something please.
Don't just preach, practice it. The choice is yours.

13. Talk but no action only makes more noise in this world. Like the noise of hundred chicken voices in the morning, every chicken gets competitive over food in the morning, as if the food is not enough, but you know the food is there and wonder why the chickens are still noisy and you realise, they want to look competitive, they want to be heard competitive.

14. The actual reason of blocking comments
I didn't care what kind of job it was, though. Just so people didn't know me and I didn't know anybody. I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life. Everybody'd think I was just a poor deaf-mute bastard and they'd leave me alone . . . (Catcher In The Rye by JD Salinger)

“Among us was heard neither raging nor cursing, nothing that would imply a trace of warmth,” the aide continued. “We had hardly enough strength left to pray. Most of the men fell without a word of complaint, silent either from weakness or resignation; or perhaps because men only complain when they have hopes of moving someone to pity.
-http://napoleon1812.wordpress.com/2012/12/06/we-had-hardly-enough-strength-left-to-pray/