Wednesday 28 June 2017

Mind your own business Part 1


1. Vulgar

Eugene Delacroix - The Death of Sardanapalus, 1844
Source : Wikipedia 

The above painting might be vulgar to you, so I ask for forgiveness.

Eugene Delacroix based it on the story of King Sardanapalus, which is summarised as the self indulgent king, nearing to his defeat, went to prepare to burn himself  (funeral pyre), with all his belongings, including his eunuchs and concubines too, killing them first before they are burnt together, with him.

Recently, there was a viral story, about a smoker who smokes at a restaurant, then a lady with her kid inside a stroller, giving a damned look to the smoker, signalling for him to stop smoking, only to be ignored. 

Someone took photo of the incident and viralling the issue. Apparently, it was told that the one who viralled it, told the smoking guy to stop, only for the guy to ignore.

For me, by looking at the public shaming and comments in the social media, everybody is a genius about the issue of smoking, And so they are right.

But then, I would like to ask you about privacy. Was it right to viral the thing online? Didn't the viral does not respect the guy, when the viral itself asks for people to respect with common sense?

We might not know, the guy looked disturbed while looking at the phone, hence the reason for ignoring when somebody "asked" him to stop smoking. We might not know how the smoking guy was told, maybe he was being jeered, hence the angry ignoring response...we don't know.

But then, people, a lot of people, give comments as if the guy deserved to be smoked in hell. As if they are pure innocent angels whom doesn't commit any misforgiving.

Listen, my point here is not the smoking. I'm talking, on what right does the guy have to viral it out in the web?

I did comment on this on someone's page, but then I deleted it. Why? Because I read this.


..........People who are unable to mind their own business are most likely internally miserable. They seek to find faults within others just to make themselves feel better. Offering insight to a friend whose present situation seems distressed can be helpful at times but there is only so much advice you can give without pushing the limits. Even if you don't agree with what someone else is doing sometimes, you need to take a backseat and let them make their own mistakes.
“Everyone has faults and there is a fine line in helping someone get through their indiscretions and chastising them for it. It's easier said than done for people to help each other rather than hurt, because some people might not even be aware that they are simply being a pain in the rear end versus being helpful.”.............
..................If you are not friends with a person and he or she does not personally know you, then do not make the mistake of letting his or her opinions and attitudes persuade you. These types of people thrive for attention and live for chaos. They tend to lead boring lives and have no excitement in their own, so they act in this manner to create something out of nothing. They seek to fill the gap in their lives by discussing the lives of others by judging them harshly, so that they can feel better about their own miserable existences.
“What I choose to do with my life is my choice and not yours, and what choices I decide to make is mine and mine only, and who I associate myself with is my decision and it's none of your business.”...............
...........................People are too quick to judge other people's shortcomings, but are reluctant to look internally and evaluate their own. Some people really just have nothing better to do than to gossip about others. They just seek to cause trouble because they thrive on drama. These people need to get a reality check and realize that this is an immature way to go about life.

If any situation doesn't involve you, instead of getting in the middle or putting your two cents in, you should mind your own business. If a situation concerns you or you have experienced something of a similar nature, then it's time to stand up and to talk.

And stupidly, I found this at a forum which I love dearly https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4341501/

Aiyoh why so kepochi over petty issue?

the meaning of kepochi should you been wondering what the hell is it?
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080219100934AAXgLlK 





B. Politicians will never admit 

Eugène Delacroix - Liberty leading the People, 1830
Source : Wikipedia
On Raya night, an ex-minister made a statement, which for me, sounds stupid for that minister's level.
As usual, people bash him, including a mufti, some Islamic politicians, and most Muslim, since it was Raya, people are a bit emotive when people start questioning and make an issue out of "praying".
Today, that ex-minister gave a counter reply.
Actually, I kinda expected Zaid Ibrahim to reply like this. Deny and say the other side is wrong.

I believe that all politician somehow possess this "Deny, never admit" when they made some screw-ups, whether management, stupid statement, etc.

I learnt this from the 2010 series, depiction of Three Kingdoms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIM5PnKuWA&t=1805s


You forward to Minute 11:37 and watch the whole thing to understand.

If you are highly ambitious, and want to go into politics, in the Asian world at least, and yet on some shitty day you made a screw up;

The first idea is to deny all the way.

The second idea is to accuse other fellas.

In Zaid Ibrahim's case, he denied that his statement is wrong, it was "misinterpreted".

The "accuse" tactic = he highlighted Nik Abduh, as if the whole thing is a defensive reply from Nik Abduh "scathing" remarks.

The same idea in FGV case, ie. Isa Samad. Denied the wrongdoings, then ask the CEO to take leave (indirect accusation).

Ambitious politician are like this, at least in the Asian world, I guess, but I might be wrong.

Screwups and excuses


He's bad to the bone, ain't you, Tyrone?

Of course I am.

Tyrone'll drive for us. He's done a rally driving course.

Of course I have.
I don't want that dog dribbling on my seats.

Your seats?
Tyrone, this is a stolen car, mate.

While I'm at the wheel, it's my car...
...so stop that dog dribbling on my seats. All right?

I can't believe you found it. Where'd it go?

It went back to the gyppos.

Shut up. And how could it find them?

Well, I don't know. I'm not a dog, Sol.
Ask him.
It's like he's a fucking homing beacon.

Steady on the brakes.
I thought you said he could drive, Sol.

Don't worry about me. Just worry about that dog on my seats.
All right?

What?

You said he was a getaway driver. What the fuck can he get away from?

Don't worry about Tyrone. He can move when he has to.
Worry about getting us a gun.
What's that?

This is a shotgun, Sol.
It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun, Vincent.

I want to raise pulses, don't I? - You'll raise hell, never mind pulses.

That does not look like a bookies.

Why'd we stop here? What's the matter with that space over there?

It's too tight.

Too tight?
You could land a jumbo-fucking-jet in there.

Leave him alone. He's a natural. Ain't you, Tyrone?

Of course I am.

A natural fucking idiot. Tyrone, what've you done?

Yeah, Tyrone, what have you done?

Look, you hassle me, you see what happens.

It's all right. No, don't move it now.
People'll see the damage. Why'd you do that?

I didn't see it.

It's a four-ton truck. It's not like it's a packet of fucking peanuts.

It was at a funny angle.

It's behind you, Tyrone.
Whenever you reverse, things come from behind you.

Control that dog as well.

Get that dog off him. - Get it off me.

Give me that squeaky toy. It shut him up last time.

Don't snatch.

He can't swallow the whole ball.

Yeah.