somehow a reader google-msg me about the short story Adeline http://firdaus-9898.blogspot.com/2013/08/adeline.html
I'm inspired to write this, when I read in the news about a Malaysian Muslim women who were married off, because she was raped by a guy, her family married her off to the rapist, only to found out, the rapist is divorcing her on grounds that she was behaving badly.
You guys, think for a while. Don't let this kind of shit happens to you. A rapist is a rapist. The TV fools you by showing romantic stories of Mr. Arrogant and whatever shit. You women deserved to be treated fair and well.
The black forest recipe cake is found at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-forest-cake-i/
You might be interested to look at this as well. http://www.somethingswanky.com/black-forest-cake-recipe/
SHORT STORY : BLACK FOREST CAKE
It's been years since I have long abandoned you.
I write this upon the knowledge that Pak Long (Your brother) informed me that you're in your final stages of cancer, in the hospital ward.
I'm fine. With my beautiful 4 year old daughter, Aina.
Aina is great at the Smart Reader school. Somehow, at the school, she learns about the word grandfather, and I knew she will ask about you. Yet somehow, I didn't.
Kindly find attached photo of us, me and Aina at a Smart Reader school function.
I'm sorry that I never let her know of you. I know it hurts you so much, but, let me tell you a little secret about our family, about Mom, yes, about her.
Black Forest Cake
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pitted sour cherries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch, round, cake pans; cover bottoms with waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil, and 1 tablespoon vanilla; beat until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Loosen edges, and remove to racks to cool completely.
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine reserved juice, cherries, 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool before using.
- Combine whipping cream and confectioner's sugar in a chilled medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- With long serrated knife, split each cake layer horizontally in half. Tear one split layer into crumbs; set aside. Reserve 1 1/2 cups Frosting for decorating cake; set aside. Gently brush loose crumbs off top and side of each cake layer with pasty brush or hands. To assemble, place one cake layer on cake plate. Spread with 1 cup frosting; top with 3/4 cup cherry topping. Top with second cake layer; repeat layers of frosting and cherry topping. Top with third cake layer. Frost side of cake. Pat reserved crumbs onto frosting on side of cake. Spoon reserved frosting into pastry bag fitted with star decorator tip. Pipe around top and bottom edges of cake. Spoon remaining cherry topping onto top of cake.
Nope. I know that you did not. And I think you never knew about it as well.
You see, Mom faithfully baked Black Forest Cake on every single Sunday morning. Yes, on every single Sunday morning when you started off that affair with that stupid chick of yours in 2005.
Because, you were never there on Sundays. When Mom asks you, you beaten her like a pulp. You think I didn't know?
Even though Mom is a silent women, as silent as she is, the pain of her being beaten made her sob. Thank god she didn't scream. But we, me and Fidos always heard her sob on Friday night as you drove off to go to that women's house, spending your weekends there.
You know what Mom did? Did she complained? Did she ever bore grudges against you. Nope.
Instead she faithfully baked a black forest cake on every single Sunday with the hopes of you returning to her arms that morning.
When she went into coma on that dreaded Friday evening 2007, you weren't there.
You were only at her graveyard with us, me and ex hubby Dinol, only when Dinol came to that women's house to pick you up.
Dinol always told me to be faithful to you as a daughter, but I'm sorry I couldn't fulfill his wish, as he left me unfaithfully last year.
Please let it be known to you that, I'm sorry that I couldn't manage to see you, but you will always be in my heart. However painful it is.
Thanks and Best Regards,