Friday 1 January 2016

Not Worth It

Malaysians this week (27 Dec 2015 to 1 Jan 2016) in general are noisy about a 14-year old girl Nor Amirah Athirah Abdul Majid.

She was alleged to have been kidnapped, but apparently, she ran away with her boyfriend for "freedom". 

As pe latest un-confirmed reports, Police have remanded both the girl and her boyfriend for investigation.  



Last week, my boss transferred one of the junior engineer to a different project.

Since the junior guy was under me, and was in vacation, Boss just Whatsapp-ed me to info this junior guy to report on Monday at his new place.

 I called but no answer. I sms-ed and Whatsapp-ed the guy.

He replied my Whatsapp, and I informed him to contact the Boss for further info.

He didn't show up on the Monday morning.

Boss asked me about his whereabouts, I just answered "don't know. I did informed him about your plans, boss".

The junior guy turned up at my site on Tuesday morning.

I asked him whether he contacted Boss, he plainly replied,

"No, I didn't, because Boss never called me also."


One of the reasons why I stopped being a tuition teacher, is the emotional baggage of wanting to save your students and wanting to see them getting successful.

But then, as life goes by, you'll soon learnt that there'll be people who can't be saved.

You have to set a borderline between "professionally paid to teach" and "trying to get them to be excel at the subject".

I remembered Islamic history of the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.

Even his closest uncles remained unbelievers till death despite his constant preachings. Yet people like Salman Al Farisi came down from Persia to Arab land just to get his teachings.

I take this lesson as, sometimes, you don't force a horse to drink. 

It's not worth it, worse still, you'll be injured, kicked by the stubborn frantic horse.


Its January 2016.

 It's snowing at USA, UK, the Northern countries.

I'm at Equator Malaysia. 

I'm a little bit jealous because I dreamt myself surrounded in snowy icicles, burying myself in isolation.

It's too tiring to read the Malaysian news. 

It's too tiring to even care.

It's just not worth it.

I think the biggest two thematic ideas I learnt through out the two years of this blog is :-

1.Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

2. We live such a short life. I wrote before about my grandma who passed away at the age of 32. I'm just 1 year more than her on this earth. Time is too short to give in to other people grievances or shortgivings.

The best way I think, is to just do the best in your life, and to give no-shit about other people words, opinions, etc. 

It's not really worth it.    

 Photos from :

These are the album panels for the Radiohead Kid A. This album makes use of artwork by Thom Yorke and Stanley Donwood, the panels show mountainous terrain and small settlements which provokes ideas of isolation; one of the albums major themes. The band also incorporated tracing paper into the album sleeve to highlight the transparency of society. Everything in the album sleeve relates to the meanings and concepts in the songs but they are often subtle references or ideas that compliments the music.