Tuesday 31 January 2017

the view in rose


"I have learned so many things, Father. Not just how to make vichyssoise or calf's head with sauce vinaigrette, but a much more important recipe.

 I have learned how to live, how to be in the world and of the world, and not just to stand aside and watch. 

And I will never, never again run away from life, or from love, either."

- Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina (1954) 





In Malaysia, this song is a bit famous due to the Enchanteur advertisement during the 90's. 

At least it was famous to my bro and I, when he taught me the intro of this song with acoustic guitar.


Title : Le Vie en rose (Meaning :The view in rose, a reference to seeing the world through rose-colored glasses)

The famous scene of this song was in Sabrina (1954) where Audrey Hepburn sings it in French.


 My health is getting better.
And I felt thankful of it.

Maybe the reason of all the sickness, wars, sadness is for us to be thankful for the lack of it. 

I don't know how to put into words what I've been feeling.
Maybe it's content-ness, maybe it's "not to give a damn", 
but it felt soothing somehow.

Silence must be deafening to some, but to me, we should be thankful for the lack of noises.

One of the goodness in it, is when someone decides to give a call or a chat, it felt warm and nice. 

Like a pinch of salt, a spoon of sugar.

Then saying few things, and going off afterwards, you'll feel like missing it.

You just embrace that particular moment.

You'll know if you call again, or if you meet again just soon enough, the intensity is lesser.



I think I was correct when I laid down certain terms in this blog. 
The idea behind this blog is always about "view".

When you see a view, a photo, you felt like speaking to it but you couldn't.

If people like it, they like it. If they don't, they don't.
It doesn't matter much what they say.
 
The view will just be there, undisturbed.


 When I quit my job last 2012, one of the idea was that I want to become a writer.
I'm glad I didn't.

Somehow, I didn't feel "nice" about it. It felt too noisy.

 When I go to bookstores nowadays, there are millions of books by local Malaysian writers.

If you want to write, you either be one of the two.

1. Fictional
2. Non-fictional

I'm suck at both, and I know I shouldn't bet my life being a writer.

And I was saved by what I saw, which was the immense insanity of people in social media wanting likes and attention.

First, I saw it as a trap. Wanting attention, wanting to be famous is a bit of trap. It is because somehow, you'll be fixated to gain attention.

You'll do what it takes, and spend hours trying to make perfect of your whatever trade, and for what?

Then you'll get into un-necessary things like debates, talks, chats and etc's which will consume your time, effort and attention.


Up to this moment, I see the maddening world of opinions.

There are people in Malaysia whom got angry when Donald Trump barred the entry of Muslim from 7 countries.

But I think they forgot, what is their view when those Muslims were in Malaysia begging for money?

Some of my friends spent time in FB talking about politics, about Islamic country, DAP and things like that.

They like to say words like "bingai" which means stupid in Malay, and their sentences is a bit harsh sometimes.

One of the guy in the cybercafe I frequently go, wears the Islamic white-cap, plays Youtube videos of Islamic things loudly, then took a rest outside puffing cigarrettes.
 

And what I did around 2013 then was, I got into a job in construction, again.

I was tired as hell. I had to travel 50km daily.

But, whenever I had time, I would read things, or write things back then.

Whenever I had an idea, the feeling I had is always to "write on rocks what you feel".

And so, I just put it in blog, and as time goes by, I realised that the representation of the idea is important.

Put some photos here and there. If possible, get a an under-lying theme.

And it feels innocent again.
It feels like a project, but a lovely one.

It doesn't matter whether people liked it, as long as I liked it, it'll be fine.

It will be something like a view in rose.

 

For me, personally, this "la vie en rose", does not have to be about love.
 Even though it feels like being in love with someone, the longing, the warmth and so forth.

I guess it's just about having that look and that view that feels soothing and warm.
The previous post "Sonora" about being elegance, I think that if you put effort trying to be one, somehow, you see things in which la vie est en rose.




Hold me close and hold me fast 
This magic spell you cast 
This is la vie en rose

When you kiss me, Heaven sighs 
And though I close my eyes 
I see la vie en rose

When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom

And when you speak
Angels sing from above
Every day words
Seem to turn into love songs

Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be La vie en rose

And when you speak
Angels sing from above
Every day words
Seem to turn into love songs

Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be La vie en rose...


Des yeux qui font baisser les miens
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche
Voilà le portrait sans retouche
De l'homme auquel j'appartiens

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose

Il me dit des mots d'amour
Des mots de tous les jours
Et ça me fait quelque chose

Il est entré dans mon cœur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause

C'est lui pour moi, moi pour lui dans la vie
Il me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie

Et dès que je l'aperçois
Alors je sens en moi
Mon cœur qui bat












奧黛麗赫本 電影 龍鳳配 Sabrina 1954



Minute 18:00
                The Chef looks at Sabrina's soufflé.
CHEF:
Much too low.

SABRINA:
I don't know what happened.

BARON:
I will tell you what happened. You forgot to turn on the oven.

SABRINA:
Oh!

BARON:
I have been watching you for a long time, Mademoiselle.
Your mind has not been on the cooking. It has been
elsewhere. You're in love. And I will venture to go a step further. You are unhappily in love.

SABRINA:
Does it show?

BARON:
Very clearly. A woman happily in love, she burns the soufflé. A woman unhappily in love, she forgets to turn on the oven. Am I correct?

SABRINA:
Yes. But I'm trying to get over it.

BARON:
Why try to get over it? You speak of love like it was
a bad cough.

SABRINA:
He doesn't even know I exist. I might as well be
reaching for the moon.

BARON:
That's quite a moon. Oh, you young people. You are
so old-fashioned! Have you not heard? We are building
rockets to reach the moon!



This is something nice which I want to be here in this entry.